Wednesday, January 7, 2009

MRI scan

My husband had his MRI scan today at St. Lucas Zienkenhuis... then we are going to wait for a week before we will get the result... This is important for the doctor to know exactly what's the cause of Ron's lower back pain and left leg pain since December 24....
____

I tried to get some information what is MRI scan. In Wikipedia MRI means - Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), or nuclear magnetic resonance imaging (NMRI), is primarily a medical imaging technique most commonly used in radiology to visualize the structure and function of the body. It provides detailed images of the body in any plane. MRI provides much greater contrast between the different soft tissues of the body than computed tomography (CT) does, making it especially useful in neurological (brain), musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, and oncological (cancer) imaging.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am Dutch but I assume that I have to write it in English as well and because I live in Florida in the USA its easy for me.
Well.today I had an MRI as well for my neck and shoulders but I had the results after a copplr of hours when I went to my doctor so they must be a little faster here then in Holland lol.
Maar de technology is hier heel ver

Marge said...

Dank u wel for the comment...
I'm glad for you that you have the result right away, because imagine waiting for a week it's not so easy ha...
I hope everythings okay with the result of your MRI...
Fijne dag!