Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Aswoensdag (Ash Wednesday)

Today is Aswoensdag (Ash Wednesday).

Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the Season of Lent. It is a season of penance, reflection, and fasting which prepares us for Christ's Resurrection on Easter Sunday, through which we attain redemption....
---
Read more in www.catholic.org
____________________________________________________________

Way back in Manila, I almost never miss the ash in my forehead every Ash Wednesday. I've observed most Catholic Filipinos tried not to miss to attend in Ash Wednesday holy mass too.

Now, here in Holland.... I admit I don't have a chance to attend holy mass... I even almost forgot i'ts Ash Wednesday today. Thanks to Jon-jon (my brother), he reminded me it's ash wednesday when I got a chance to chat with him today... So I just light candles in our Altar here... Now, I miss the ash my forehead, I miss the holy mass... But for sure, I did not miss to remind myself ...
"Remember that you are dust, and to dust you shall return." -
Genesis 3:19

No comments: