Friday, November 7, 2008

Filipinos Biscuit



During my vacation here in Holland in 2006, I've noticed already this "Filipinos" biscuit here in Albert Heijn (Supermarket) . I felt proud then because I thought it's a "Philippine Made product", but it's not because it's made in Portugal...

This time, I saw it again in Xenos store and of course I bought it... I thought nice and lekker biscuit for my blog. Still i'm interested to know "Why named Filipinos?" So I tried to search in the internet. Then I got interesting information in Wikipedia... Filipinos biscuit was really named from Filipino people itself.

Filipinos is the brand name for a series of biscuit snacks made by Kraft Foods. In Spain and Portugal they are produced and sold under the Artiach brand name. Under license to United Biscuits, in the Netherlands they are sold and produced locally under the Verkade brand. In 1999 the Philippine government filed a diplomatic protest with Spanish government and others for the using the name "Filipinos" for a biscuit ... Read more in Wikipedia.

By the way, there's even Filipino official website.... Oh! before I forget about the taste, "Filipinos" biscuit is delicious for me, especially it's chocolate coated, masarap!

2 comments:

Gea said...

Hmmm....lekker ja.
Ik weet het nog in 2006, ik mocht niet alle koekjes opeten, we moesten wat bewaren voor Ron !

Marge said...

Oh ja! Dat kan ik mij nog herinneren. funny!