Saturday, December 6, 2008

Pakjesavond (present's evening)


Yes, it's yesterday night the pakjesavond (present's evening) but we decided to celebrate it today because everyone is free from work. As I've mentioned yesterday, 5th December or Sinterklaasavond is the occasion for gift-giving here. My mother-in-law's idea was just to buy gifts for the kids. We are four givers, Mama Gea & Papa Willem, Marjan & Greg, Marieke & Michele and me and Ron. Then each giver will buy 3 gifts for each kid. There are 5 kids to whom we're going to give a gift, Sharon, Nienke, Deniz, Tim & Mireille. I'm happy to see how excited they were to open their gifts. Imagine receiving 12 gifts. I'm happy also that during those moment, my daughter feels a bit better, although at the end of the day, she feel not good again maybe because she was so tired then. So the kids thought all the gifts are from Sinterklaas, hehe! funny! By the way, I receive a gift too, a book titled "Baby's wil is wet". Thank you Sinterklaas!

Mama Gea cooked two kinds of soup, Cheese soup and Vegetable soup. So after the openning of the gifts, we have a delicious dinner. I don't have a chance anymore to made some photo of our dinner food, because at that moment Mireille is not feeling good again.... But for sure, everyone enjoyed the pakjesavond.

Dag Sinterklaas tot volgend jaar! (Bye Sinterklaas till next year!)

No comments: