Friday, May 8, 2009

Parish-homesick



Congratulations!
to all the Parishioners of The Holy Family Parish in Karuhatan, Valenzuela City in Philippines for the Consecration of The Holy Family Parish church.

In the morning, I go online and waited for any news and updates about the Consecration of the Holy Family Parish church in Philippines, then... It's good that my sister-in-law Happy go online so I got as many information and as early as possible... I was really so excited to know on those moments about the ongoing consecreation then... I've heard it was so solemn that it's not possible to just make photos during the consecreation... The Bishop lead the consecration together with the priests... Seminarist choir came also to sing the Litany of the Saints... Grand Chorale sing for the Holy Mass... And those who attended the consecration especially members of different organization of the parish wear Filipino Costume.

I feel "parish-homesick" as I called it... The parish of the Holy Family is like a home for me way back in Manila... I started to join the Holy Family Choir and the Ministry of Lectors & Commentators in 1997 and became member till i went here in Holland last year... I've learned a lot when I become the Chairman of the PCY (Parish Commission on Youth) in 2000-2001. I was there from the very start that the church become under construction... And I became a member of the Finance Committee, of the Parish Construction Committee with helping in organizing the different fund-raising activities...

Today is the moment that we've been waiting for... the Consecration of the church... I wish I'm there.... tears came out from my eyes, when I saw the photos.... I miss everyone there in parish... but of course deep in my heart, I feel joy knowing that finally the The Holy Family Parish church was Full-Pledged JMJParish (JMJ-Jesus, Mary and Joseph)...
God bless us all.

Happy Fiesta!!! for tomorrow
May 9 - Sto Cristo, Sto. Rosario Fiesta or "Karuhatan Fiesta"

No comments: