Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kikkerdril (Frogspawn)






Most part of Holland is very flat and they say it often as lowland. With some land that is below sea level and almost half of the land is about a meter above sea level. It happens to be the perfect place for the frogs to increase their population.

Way back in Manila, I happened to be so scared of frogs and thoughts that they are so dirty. But I discovered here in Holland, they treat frogs as special animal. I came to know more how kids are interested with frogs. I saw the movie Kikkerdril (Frogspawn or frogs eggs) about the young boy who tried to have kikkerdril just to give it to his older brother.

Anyway, today we went to my father-in-law. There were some kikkerdril in his fishpond and my husband wanted to have some too. We brought it home in a flower vase. My husbands just wanted to show me how they grow each day from een egg into a frog. At first we tried to put them in our aquarium but the fishes seemed to be aggressive against the kikkerdril so it would not even be possible for them to reach their todpole stage... Anyway, we put them back in flower vase so we could really have a better look for the frogs life cycle.

No comments: