Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Borstbiopsie (Breast Biopsy)

Last May 20 or about 3 weeks ago, I went to the St. Lucas Ziekenhuis (Hospital) and have a mammogram and ultrasound of my breast, because since February I always have breast pain everytime my monthly period will come... Actually my only appointment on May 20then was to have Mammogram but after it, the doctor requested me to stay and have directly the ultrasound, because they saw something in my breast... The doctor then said, I have cyst in my right breast but at the same time, she wanted to investigate the spots they saw from my mammogram in the side of my right breast... Then the doctor recommended me to have an appointment for Borstbiopsie (Breast Biopsy), that was today...

Yes, I've waited for 3 weeks since then, oh! deep inside I really got worried, and I know my family too... but for three weeks i tried to avoid to give so much attention about the word "Breast Cancer"... I did not even had the courage to write it here in my blog last May 20... I did not even write emails to my girl friends about my situation then... I just don't want to talk or write about it... But of course, I started to ask my family to pray for me for the coming biopsie then... But I heard my name is sometimes included in the Mass intentions for the sick to get well in holy masses in Parish of the Holy Family (in Karuhatan)...

It's only last night before I went to bed that I tried to search about the biopsie, and the youtube video i attatched here somehow gave idea for me on what's going to happen...



I think the doctor uses the Fine needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB) to me...

I did some research and the MediceNet.com had well explained the Breast Biopsy...
_________________________________________________________

A breast biopsy is a procedure in which part or all of a suspicious breast growth is removed and examined, usually for the presence of cancer. The growth sample is suctioned out through a needle or cut out using a surgical procedure. The sample is then examined and evaluated under a microscope by a pathologist to identify non-cancerous (benign) or cancerous (malignant) tissue.

Words used to refer to the abnormal area or growth before and after diagnosis may include lump, mass, lesion, and tumor.... read more (-MedicineNet.com)

No comments: