Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mastopathie (Fibrocystic Breast Condition or Fibrocystic Changes)


Yesterday, I got right the result of my Breast Biopsy last tuesday... The Surgeon, named Dr. De Vries of St. Lucas Ziekenhuis (Hospital) where I have my breast biopsy, said... it's "Mastopathie" or known in english as Fibrocystic Breast Condition or Fibrocystic Changes)... He told me there's nothing to worry, it's normal for many women... it's just because of changes in hormones every menstruation... or As for my case, it could be possible that those were still the milk that was left in my breast after i stop giving breast feeding to my daughter, 3 weeks after I gave birth or way back 2007... I asked the doctor if I still needed to undergo operation for them to remove it.. but he said, it's not necessary, no medication needed as well... But I have new appointment for Ultrasound afte 6 months or November 2009, for control....
__________________________________________________________________

I PRAISE AND THANK GOD for blessing me with result of the breast biopsy I have... Thank you also to all your prayers.. May God continue to bless us all.

___________________________________________________________________

As usual, I tried to search again about Mastopathie (Fibrocystic Breast Condition or Fibrocystic Changes)... and the MedicineNet.com, have it well explained again...

Fibrocystic breasts are characterized by lumpiness and usually discomfort in one or both breasts. The condition is very common and benign, meaning that fibrocystic breasts are not malignant (cancerous). Fibrocystic breast disease (FBD), now referred to as fibrocystic changes or fibrocystic breast condition, is the most common cause of "lumpy breasts" in women and affects more than 60% of women. The condition primarily affects women between the ages of 30 and 50 and tends to become less of a problem after menopause. ... read more - MedicineNet.com

No comments: