Friday, June 12, 2009

Influenza Pandemic alert raised to Phase 6


Influenza Pandemic alert raised to Phase 6

11 June 2009 -- On the basis of available evidence and expert assessments of the evidence, the scientific criteria for an influenza pandemic have been met. The Director-General of WHO has therefore decided to raise the level of influenza pandemic alert from phase 5 to phase 6. "The world is now at the start of the 2009 influenza pandemic," she said at a press conference today.
Read Dr Chan's statement to the press
-WHO (World Health Organization)

____________________________________________________________________
Lately, I didn't noticed any Swine flu update here in TV News... But I know exactly how it's spreading fast, almost 1,000 per day were infected around the world... I know it, because my husband is informing me, every day or at least 2 times a day, his checking out in the internet particularly in the website of WHO (World Health Organization) about the updates of Influenza A(H1N1) known as "Swine Flu"... He's informing me the updates of how many were in infected around the world, how many in Netherlands, then in Germany, because we are living near to the boundary of Germany... And then how many were infected in Philippines of course...
I'll admit, I'm so busy lately with my own health situation, busy with studying dutch languange, busy preparing for moving to the new house, busy everyday here in the house... busy writing in my blog, busy in facebook account..... but later, I will really try to search more about Influenza A (H1N1)...
___________________________________________________________________

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 47

11 June 2009 -- As of 14:00 GMT, 11 June 2009, 74 countries have officially reported 28,774 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection, including 144 deaths.

Click this link -Influenza A(H1N1) - update 47 -To see the table with the breakdown of the number of laboratory-confirmed cases, commulative total and deaths by country as of June 11, 2009, 14:00 GMT.

No comments: