Friday, July 25, 2008

Raam (Window)





In the 1st photo you'll see our grote raam (big window) from the house front view... it's a bit big for me at first, (just half size of the window we have in Manila) then I've realized every window here in Holland are normally with Large size...

Yes, passers-by can clearly see what's and who's inside the house, that's how big they are, bigger than the wall itself...

On my first month here in Holland (Feb 2008), I've asked my husband, "Why is it in every window I've seen here, I've noticed that the color of the curtains are always white?". Then he explained that in every house, there's a double set of curtains, (1) net curtain (vitrage) -usually white and (2) full-length curtains. Like what you can see in the 3rd photo here with curtains, but instead of vitrage we used rolgordijn (roll curtain)...

Some windows here in Holland, have window insurance. And some windows are professionaly cleaned by some window-cleaning companies too... "sosyal!"

2 comments:

Myk said...

wow! kalakihan ng mga bintana...gusto ko ng ganyan!

Marge said...

talaga lang ha... pag may ganyan kalaki na bintana ka na, huwag mo lalagyan ng kurtina ha, pare ma feel mo difference, hihi!