Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Eerste Dag (1st Day) in School


Today is my first day in school for my Dutch Language course. It's an easy day, we are 12 foreigner students in a class, most of them are on higher level already and been in Holland for years. We are just two newcomers and both of us just 6 months in Holland, me and Olga from Russia.... I mean higher level for my classmates because some already in Lesson 6, 8 and 12 of our CODE 1 textbook... While me, I'm just in Lesson 1... It's a bit strange for me how the class will study... I mean, our teacher divides us into 3 groups, like it would be a group study... Then we are divided according to the Lessons we have finished (mostly in self study) in CODE 1 textbook we have... I don't have so much time to ask how is it possible that most of my classmates know each other already, and most of them are on higher Lesson already... Because we have to speak dutch so I don't have the courage to ask the teacher right away for the things that I like to know about our class situation, hehe!

Anyway, we are 3 beginners in Group 1, then there's Group 2 start with Lesson 6 and most of my classmates in Group 3 already in Lesson 8... In our Group, I'm with Olga (Russian), although she's just 6 months here, she does went to school for 3 months here, so somehow she can speak in dutch already and Michael (American) is 7 years already here in Holland, but it's only now that he will learn dutch language...

Still, I feel I'm the only beginner in our class but no problem of course... Mooi! (Nice!)

No comments: