Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Eerste Half Jaar (1st Half Year) in Holland


It was 11th of February this year, when my daughter and I arrived here in Holland. It was Winter then so from 25 celcius degree in Manila we felt right away the difference with the weather here, maybe between 1 to 10 celcius degree then... For me, it's a big changes too with regards to food. In Manila, we eat bread in the morning, then rice meal for lunch and dinner, sometimes we even eat rice in the morning, so imagine eating rice almost 3 times a day... But here in Holland, it's different, normally bread in the morning and lunch, then dutch dinner (potato, vegetable and meat)... But of course, sometimes I cook filipino food for dinner.

On the first two months we’ve been busy with processing of documents here in Immigration, Gemeente (City Hall) and other Gov't Institutions here... Then we did some visiting of relatives and friends of my husband too.. I also spend my time studying dutch language online and at the same time trying to speak dutch language to my daughter (in "baruk" way)... Then I discovered and explored my talent in cooking with different filipino cuisines (thanks to those recipes available online)... Aside from our busy sched I’m glad I met some Filipinas here in Groningen... So the past 6th months have been really busy, busy, busy... I'm happy the internet is there so i could continue my communication with my family and friends too....

If I will compare my life here in Holland to my life way back in Manila it's totally living in two different sides of the globe. They are totally different in a lot of ways. So I have no choice but to adjust to those changes. Together with those changes, are my many 1st in my life. First thing in line is living for the first time with my own family (with my husband and my daughter).... and a first time hands-on mom of an 18th month old cute little darling who is growing so fast and showing a lot of developments as well.... Well some dutch ways are still strange to me but I know I can get along with it in the future after all this is already my so called home....I'm now trying having a work experience, preparing for Dutch class and many more to mention. There are so many changes as I go on..

But those changes doesn't matter at all, everything comes to me smoothly and it is because of the love I have for my husband and my daughter and my faith in God that I keep in my heart that makes me stronger.

May God continue to bless us all...


6 comments:

Gea said...

Maybe I don't say it so many times, but also on this way I will say to you :

Marge..I'm proud, how you do it in Holland with us. How you pick up your live here. I know, it's not easy so many changes in a short time, but you did and do it. And I know you can !

Don't forget for now and the future :
I love you, and I will suport you whatever you do.

Your mamma in Holland: Gea. xxx

Marge said...

Thank you Mama Gea...
I have tears in my eyes now...

I love you too and I appreciate all the support you're giving me...

God bless you always with good health...

your daughter,
marge

Bienthoughts [a.ride.to.life] said...

hello,

it's nice to see that you're doing fine in Holland now. I bet it's really hard, and will always be hard at times, but I know you can do it.

Keep that Filipino blood and pride in you and be proud wherever you go.

I actually would say I like the way Holland prepare for their meal. Yummy!
Wag mo kakalimutan i-share lagi ang ating masasarap na putahe. Let them all fall in love with the Filipino cuisine weeeeeee! ;-)


Bienthoughts

Marge said...

Hello! Bien,

Thank you po sa suporta....
Syempre kahit saan I'll always be proud to be a Pinay...

And about our Filipino cuisine, na pa impressed ko na some dutch people here, lalo na husband ko, hehehe! Encourage na nga nila ako to built a restaurant, sabi ko di pwede, dito ko lang nilabas cooking talent ko. In Manila mas masarap talaga lasa dapat ng mga filipino dish kaysa luto ko, di lang nila alam true taste ng bawat menu, hehe!

Anyhow,they tried to get naman recipe from me so that means they would really try to cook it too..
Mooie! (Nice!)

Marge

Unknown said...

ano pang masasabi ko isa ka ng tunay na blogger hehehe.

continue writing and expressing your thoughts.

we all miss you.

-happy

Marge said...

Thank you Happy. Oh! it's been a month since I started with my blog, so far di pa naman ako nauubusan ng ideas, hihi!

I miss you all too

Marge