Friday, August 15, 2008

Looking back at The Tariff Commission







Every 15th of August, is the Anniversary of Tariff Commission, a Government office in Philippines where I worked as a Secretary of a Director (Dir. Saluta), for more than 6 years...

I posted some photos here of TC Anniversary since 2002 to 2007. And it's nice to reminisce the anniversary celebration we have then, with different themes as well.

I remember in 2002, I got the award "Best in Ballroom Attire"..... Then in 2003, a TC Chorale was created, we sang our National Anthem "Lupang Hinirang" with our Filipino costumes.... And who will forget the Retro theme in 2004, I think it's with the most participants because we have the Modelling as part of the program of the party, so everyone had the chance to walk the aisle and "strike a pose"..... In 2005 we have the theme "Game Ka Na Ba?", copied from famous TV Game Show in Manila, but I like most its Fiesta style, eating together in long tables, Sarap!.. Then in 2006, it was celebrated with "Tree Planting", but then it will never be the same without a party, so we have a party time with Karaoke....

The last anniversary I've attended was last year, 2007... Actually, it's a simple one but memorable too... It's a special tribute to those TC employees who will Retire on the coming Rationalization program.... (You'll see in the last photo, i'm already with my daughter Mireille, together with former TC Commissioner Manzano and TC Chairman Abon, carrying my daughter was Manang Mena my officemate).

Happy Anniversary to all Tariff Employees!!! I miss you guys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a nice blog, Marge. Let's go home for Christmas. I'll be there November 29, 2008 to Jan. 17, 2009.

minnie

Marge said...

Thank you po Maam Minnie, baka po next Christmas 2009... I think yearly naman po kayo umuuwi ng Pinas e.
Take care always

Marge