Friday, March 20, 2009

Dora the Explorer







Last Christmas (2008), Mireille receives a gift from my family in Manila, it is Dora doll...
Since we came here last year February, I let her watch Dora the Explorer every now and then on TV which is in Dutch language. But sometimes I let her watch also Dora DVD but only in English language...

Last month, she don't have a chance to watch Dora because I just don't see the Dora DVD around here anymore and I always forgot to put the chanel in Nickelodeon everytime there's Dora...  Aside from the past few weeks, her favorite was Bambi -a young deer from Walt Disney.

Then last week, my daughter had a chance again to watch Dora DVD in (English)... Wow! I've observed how Dora film fits for viewing now with my daughter (who is now almost 2 years and 2 months old)... I've observed how she tried to answer Dora as interaction in watching her... For a week, my daughter was so fond of watching Dora. Before I turn-on the TV, she is requesting me already "Boots, Boots, Boots"... Aahhh yes, she mean `Boots` the monkey and best friend of Dora who is most of the time with her on most of her adventures... So yes, as for now, my daughter´s favorite was Boots than Dora, hehe! 

Anyway, I´ve heard from my brother that my niece named Red, who was fond of watching Dora too, is now 5 years old, she´s going to school already and she can really speak english with a slang accent... but the problem is it´s a bit difficult now for her to speak some Tagalog words... It´s nice Red can somehow understand and speak english in early age, but there´s a bit problem with tagalog language, which is main language in Philippines.... So now, I should make a decision in what language should my daughter watch Dora, in english or dutch? I think better for her to watch it in dutch, so she would not have problem with communcation here and she would not have a problem when she starts to go to school... because last night, I´ve heard her already, speaking some english language which for sure she learn from watching Dora in english language... 

For sure, she will still learn some english words from some english animated movies she sometimes watch here... And as of now, I´m trying to teach her some tagalog words as well, one word at a time...

No comments: